Xbox 360 Thoughts
This time last week, I bought the Xbox and I’ll say this from the get go that I adore the Xbox. This is the first Microsoft console I partly own but previous to this I never played the Xbox.
I have no intention of using the Xbox Live software, it lures you in with a forty eight hour free trial to Gold Membership or something, eh…no thanks, I much play on my own thank you very much. If I need to use the internet I’ll use my laptop.
I’ll start with the positive aspects first and work through the list of annoyances for the Xbox.
- Layout of the controller is slightly unexpected. The movement joystick is at the top right but the other joystick is used for camera angles in games and the like but I was surprised at how smooth the design and usability of the controller.
- Turn off the Xbox by the controller, extra lazy but a big plus.
- Works under a duvet, I was wondering if the wireless would work since any hardcore gamer knows that after a few hours hands can be icy cold whilst the rest of you is snug.
- Graphic, I’m graphics lover.
- The selection of games for the Xbox 360 platform is pretty good.
- I wasn’t expecting the console to be so heavy, it’s heavier than an electrical transformer, no not the action figures.
- It sounds like an engine about to take off but for some reason it only really gears up when I play Fable 2.
- I can even hear it vibrating in the sitting room downstairs which is almost under my room so any late night gaming can be heard. Big minus, it’s no fun if I get caught waking up people too early in the morning.
- Whatever way the games are configured for European usage, it just doesn’t seem to quite work right on my television. When I play Fable 2 the energy bar of the character which is obviously only slightly important in battles and killing sprees, gets cut off from the top of my view. I managed to fix this a bit since I can set my tv to widescreen mode but trying to read the font size becomes quite difficult.